The Korian Foundation for Ageing Well surrounds itself with partners that are highly renowned in the research sector in order to promote medico-social research, as well as with industrial partners and social and solidarity economy stakeholders in order to foster genuine scientific cooperation.
Cornerstones of the Korian Foundation’s partnership policy
The Foundation seeks strong partnerships with universities, scientific associations, and non-profit organisations that share our vision of a more inclusive society for seniors. That is why we are developing an ambitious partnership policy:
- Based on transparent criteria and areas of action;
- That makes it possible to provide an appropriate response to the many requests we receive;
- That complies with our budgetary constraints.
Themes/areas of action of the partnerships
Every year, several themes related to social inclusion – which is the Foundation’s central purpose – will be chosen as criteria for selecting our partners.
Each partnership proposal must be in line with one of the four major areas of action (social value, autonomy, solidarity, and prevention) that underpin the Foundation’s philosophy.
In 2019, the following areas of action have been proposed as a priority for the Foundation:
- Digital/Artificial intelligence and Robots: how can they be used to benefit seniors and care professionals now and in the future?
- Promotion of care professionals and professions: how can we change the way people view and think about elderly care and support professions? What are the ethics of the caregiver profession?
- Solidarity/intergenerational ties/inclusion: how can we develop local initiatives in favour of solidarity and intergenerational ties, and work together to build a more inclusive society for seniors?
- Supporting autonomy: encouraging and supporting people suffering from a loss of autonomy to enable them to continue to carry out their daily activities, no matter their situation or place of residence.
- L’empowerment des parties prenantes : comment remettre la parole des aînés et des patients au centre des décisions ? Comment mieux prendre en compte et valoriser la parole et l’expérience des soignants ? Comment redonner leur place aux familles auprès de leur proche en établissement ? (Cet axe sera la thématique du Prix de la Fondation Korian 2019)
Potential forms of partnership
- The objective in this context is to implement and evaluate an original clinical application, with a view to obtain concrete, short-term benefits for patients, the elderly, or professionals. These projects must not last longer than one year, and there must be a shared communication of results.
- Support for long-term research actions and training programmes: cooperation on master’s/Ph.D theses or Chair projects and/or with research laboratories...within the framework of shared themes and joint work. Only one project of this type will be funded per year.
- Cooperation on seminars/conferences/study sessions in connection with the themes supported by the Korian Foundation.
Financial sponsorship is only possible if it is linked to one of the three forms of partnership listed above, and if it includes a high level of visibility for the Korian Foundation.
How to become a partner of the Foundation
Our future partners can download and complete the introduction file. This allows us to get to know the organisation and provides the members of the Scientific Council with objective, quantitative, and qualitative information so that they can assess the potential partnership.
The partnership application will then be sent to the members of the Foundation’s Scientific Council, which will make a decision on an appropriate response, taking into account any budgetary constraints. Each application will receive a reasoned reply.
|STEP 1||Specifications are published on the Foundation’s website||4 September 2018|
|STEP 2||Partnership applications are received||5 October 2018|
|STEP 3||Applications are assessed by the Scientific Council||18 October 2018|
|STEP 4||Confirmation of the partnership||November 2018|