INFORMATION NOTE RELATING TO PERSONAL DATA
Information note relating to personal data
Protection of personal data
The purpose of this information note is to provide information on the personal data processed by the Korian Corporate Foundation for Ageing Well (“the Korian Foundation”), how it is used and the rights of the individuals whose personal data is collected. Please contact the Korian Foundation by post or by e-mail if you have any questions relating to the protection of personal data:
Korian SA DPO
21-25 rue Balzac 75008 Paris
This information note is duly updated each time new personal data protection practices or policies are adopted. This information note was updated on 27 July 2018.
I/ What personal data is collected by the Korian Foundation?
The Korian Foundation collects the following personal data in relation to people wishing to receive newsletters from the Korian Foundation or register for a Korian Foundation event:
- Their identity and email address,
- On an optional basis: their telephone number, the organisation to which they belong, their role, their postal address and the contact details of a companion.
II/ Why is this personal data processed?
The Korian Foundation processes this personal data in order to:
- Provide information to people who wish to hear about the Korian Foundation's latest activities, by sending out an electronic newsletter,
- Send invitations to people who wish to take part in the Korian Foundation’s events.
III/ What legal provisions entitle the Korian Foundation to process this personal data?
The Korian Foundation processes this personal data on the basis of prior consent (obtained when the data is collected via the subscription forms).
IV/ On what media and for how long is this personal data stored?
Personal data is stored on computerised media for the period required for the purposes for which it was collected, that is, until the person unsubscribes via the links contained in the emails received.
V/ Who is this personal data shared with?
The Korian Foundation only allows Korian Foundation staff to access personal data. The Korian Foundation has made its staff aware of data protection issues and provided them with appropriate training. It undertakes to take suitable disciplinary measures in the event that the applicable internal procedures are not complied with.
The Korian Foundation hosts personal data using hosting providers who comply with the legislation in force and also shares this data with the subcontractors acting on its behalf. If, however, subcontractors have access to personal data, they shall comply with the personal data protection legislation in force and with this information note.
This personal data is not disclosed to third parties without the prior consent of the person involved, unless there are exceptional circumstances, when the law or the government authorities, such as the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL), i.e., the French Data Protection Authority, or the competent legal authorities so require.
VI/ What rights do the people whose data is collected by the Korian Foundation have and how can these rights be exercised?
The European regulation on data protection (GDPR) and the Information Technology and Liberties Act as amended give people certain rights in relation to their data.
When personal data relating to any person is processed, he/she may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: any person is entitled to obtain a copy of the personal data relating to him or her which is held and processed by the Korian Foundation;
- Right to rectification: any person is entitled to rectify the personal data relating to him or her which is held by the Korian Foundation if it is inaccurate;
- Right to file a complaint with the CNIL: any person is entitled to file a complaint with the CNIL if he or she has concerns regarding the way in which the Korian Foundation is processing his or her personal data.
Any person may also exercise the following rights in certain circumstances:
- Right to erasure: any person may ask the Korian Foundation to erase his or her data;
- Right to restriction: any person may ask the Korian Foundation to restrict the processing of his or her data;
- Right to withdraw consent: any person is entitled to withdraw his or her consent to receipt of the electronic newsletter and invitations to events.
You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent to receipt of newsletters using the unsubscribe link contained in the emails received. To exercise the other rights, you should make a written request with the necessary information (full contact details and copy of the identity document) by letter or email to the following address:
Fondation d’entreprise Korian pour le Bien Vieillir
21-25 Rue Balzac 75 008 Paris
The Korian Foundation undertakes to reply within one month. If, for any reason, the Korian Foundation cannot grant a request, it will explain to the person in question why his or her request has been refused.